Tryon Direct provides employers with a way to offer high-quality healthcare to employees and reduce overall healthcare costs by as much as 20% to 30%.
For a modest fee per employee, Tryon Direct offers:
- Unlimited visits and 24/7 access to the highly trained primary care physicians of Tryon Medical Partners, conveniently located in 8 clinics across the greater Charlotte area
- Same-day/next-day appointments, virtual visits, and phone consultations
- Access to high-quality, low-cost specialists
Is this concierge medicine? Is this direct primary care?
Tryon Direct is not concierge medicine. It does have similar access and patient satisfaction, but with more comprehensive services and a lower cost.
Independent direct primary care (DPC) practices are mostly comprised of midlevel providers and support staff who deliver care with physician oversight.
Tryon Direct is different.
This is the next generation of primary care. With convenient locations and care delivery by 64 exceptional primary care physicians, Tryon Direct is an upgrade from typical DPC practices.
And it’s the future of healthcare for self-funded employers.
|DPC MEDICAL PRACTICE||TYPICAL PRACTICE|
|Care is patient-driven.||Care is practice-driven.|
|Patients can see their own physician whenever they choose.||Patients must wait to see their physician.|
|Office visit is spent with physician.||Office visit is spent waiting.|
|Practices are proactive in their care of patients with chronic illnesses.||Practices are reactive in their care of patients with chronic illnesses.|
How does this help employers reduce costs?
- Find efficiencies and streamline processes
- Eliminate unnecessary specialist and hospital visits, but only refer to high-quality, low-cost specialists when necessary
- Avoid the high incentivized costs of hospital systems and fee-for-service providers
- Medication management
- Access unparalleled in the healthcare industry
- Build employee loyalty and satisfaction
- Save between 20% and 30% in healthcare costs
What is driving the high cost of healthcare?
In 2018, total healthcare spending represented 17.9% of GDP.
Americans shelled out $3.5 trillion on healthcare.
That’s $10,739 per person.
In Charlotte, NC, the cost is 20% higher.
Healthcare corporations and insurance companies create $750B in waste each year
- Failures of care delivery
- Failures of care coordination
- Defensive medicine
- Administrative complexity
- Barriers to access
- Unnecessary referrals
Across the U.S., the rate of specialist referrals has increased by 94% over the past 10 years. Due to time pressures driven by high patient loads, primary care physicians currently delegate nearly 40% of primary care services (services they could handle in their offices if they had the time to do so) to higher-cost specialists.
The Tryon Direct Solution:
- Give physicians time to build a relationship with each patient, and manage their care without unnecessary, expensive referrals.
- Refer to only the best specialists.
That’s population health.
Tryon Medical Partners restores the efficacy of primary care, putting patients and doctors back in control.
In 2018, the nearly 90 physicians of Tryon Medical Partners moved away from big healthcare to deliver better healthcare. We share a core belief: the patient-doctor connection is the foundation for better health.
We are an independent practice because it allows us to remain true to our principles, while delivering better care rooted in stronger relationships.
- Originally opened in 1936;
- Became Mecklenburg Medical Group in 1972
- In 2019, Tryon Medical Partners physicians comprise 38% of all “Top Docs” as rated by Charlotte Magazine (peer-reviewed)